K-8 Spiritual Life
Trinity Academy is dedicated to the spiritual formation of all students. We believe that a student’s relationship with Christ goes beyond knowledge of doctrine and theology. Our aim is for each Trinity student to live a life of uncompromising discipleship.
Through the practice of classic spiritual disciplines, students are taught to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every area of their lives. This allows students to experience the love of Christ, abiding peace, the power to do what is right, faith that sees everything in the light of God’s goodness, and hopefulness in times of duress. The spiritual disciplines and spiritual exercises include:
- Disciplines of engagement
- Disciplines of abstinence
- These disciplines will include such exercises as:
- Lectio Divina
Trinity has a discipleship program where students participate in three different aspects of mentoring:
- Upward mentor – a person who provides directional insight and perspective.
- Horizontal mentor – a Christian friend. Students will learn how small groups can lead to mutual spiritual friendships.
- Downward mentor – students will develop the capacity to lead and invest in the lives of younger students.