K-8 General Information
Trinity Academy has constructed a new K-8 school that opened January 2017. The facility has been built just south of the existing high school on Founders Circle.
Phase I of the school includes 13 classrooms, a commons, music room, science room, library, kitchen and offices. Funds have already been raised for Phase I of the project.
The main features of the school are as follows:
- A preparatory school, offering accelerated K-8 classes.
- Spiritual formation and Biblical integration — students will focus on the development of formative spiritual habits like daily Bible reading, prayer and journaling. All classes will be taught through a biblical framework.
- Small class sizes – approximately 16 per class.
- Phonics – explicit phonics instruction.
- Developmental approach – multi-sensory teaching methods.
- Foreign language – Spanish K through 4th grade, Latin for 5th and 6th grade, and high school Spanish 1 in 7th and 8th grade.
- Athletics – Interscholastic middle school teams: football, track, cross country, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading. Intramural sports for younger grades.
- Fine arts — vocal music, band, visual arts and drama.
- Special needs instruction for students who struggle academically as well as gifted students.
- Extended Care in both morning and afternoon.
Enrollment will initially be limited to one or two sections of approximately 16 students per grade. Later phases of the school will include additional classrooms and a gym. The school will wait until funds are raised to build those additions.