K-8 General Information
Trinity Academy opened a new K-8 school in 2016-17. The facility is located just south of the existing high school on Founders Circle.
The main features of the school are as follows:
- A preparatory school, offering accelerated K-8 classes.
- Spiritual formation and Biblical integration — students will focus on the development of formative spiritual habits like daily Bible reading, prayer and journaling. All classes will be taught through a biblical framework, and daily Bible instruction is a core subject.
- Small class sizes – approximately 16 per class.
- Phonics – explicit phonics instruction.
- Developmental approach – multi-sensory teaching methods.
- Foreign language – Spanish K through 4th grade, Latin for 5th and 6th grade, and high school Spanish 1 in 7th and 8th grade.
- Athletics – Interscholastic middle school teams: football, track, cross country, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading. Intramural sports for younger grades.
- Fine arts — vocal music, band, visual arts and drama.
- Special needs instruction for students who struggle academically as well as gifted students.
- Extended Care in both morning and afternoon.
- A natural playground to encourage creativity. Daily recess in grades K-8.
- Facilities include 13 classrooms, a commons, music room, science room, library, kitchen and offices.
Enrollment is currently limited to one or two sections of approximately 16 -19 students per grade. There are 228 students enrolled in grades K-8 in the third year of the K-8 school.